Winterland will once again organize it's Mite(U6 & U8) Development Program for young skaters looking to improve their skills but most of all to have a lot of fun doing it.
The program will run from April 27th through July 14th. (9 hours of ice plus 8 games(4 hours) in Jefferson City, Missouri and 8 games(4 hours) in the 2019 Winterland Friendship games) will include:
- FUN!!! - Our main goal is to make sure the kids have fun. We will have some simple instruction but "pond hockey" is the theme. We want them to scrimmage and have fun.
- 9 one hour sessions that will cover simple instruction like skating, shooting, stick handling, positioning, defense, face-offs along with teaching the many forms of checking(poke check, stick check, back check, fore check) and then scrimmages.
- Approximately 45 to 50 minutes of “Pond Hockey” controlled scrimmage during the 9 one hour sessions.
- There will be four educational classroom sessions: Offense Positions, Defense Positions, Hockey History and Officiating.
- Each participant will receive a Winterland two-side jersey to be used in scrimmages plus one set of socks. There is a discount for returning players with a Winterland reversible jersey.
- Participants will have the opportunity to participate in 2019 Winterland Friendship games in St. Louis.
- Participants will participate in 2019 Friendship Games in Jefferson City, Missouri .
Cost for Mite development Program (based on 20 participants
Returning Winterland skaters that have a Winterland Jersey already will receive a $40 discount at check-out of registration. The Discount Code will be sent to you via email or contact Kevin Whitworth at firstname.lastname@example.org
Mites: $387 per Out-skater skater for new skaters needing a jersey
$190 per Goalie (limit 4 goalies)
Program Fees include ice fees, instructor fees, Enrollment fees to the 2019 Friendship Games in St. Louis and Jefferson City, jersey(if needed), socks, classroom materials, misc. items, administration costs, Does not include hotel, meals and travel expenses to Jefferson City.
2019 Summer Program Payment Schedule:
$50 non-refundable deposit upon day of registration
Balance is due upon registration after April 1, 2019
Please direct any questions regarding this registration to:
Please feel free to continue as a "Guest" unless you already have a SportsEngine account or wish to create one.
Select an option to continue with the registration.